Real estate agents are fast realizing that styling ‘Home Staging’ is now an integral part of the marketing plan, along with great photography to get the home sold. At Interior Design Bowral we know how to style your property with many of our exciting packages.
A home that has its positive attributes enhanced, that is welcoming, fresh and inviting is always attracting more buyers to open home inspections. As buyers become time savvy they want to walk in and see it all in front of them exceptionally styled – i believe as medium house prices rise so do buyers expectations. Statistics prove time and time again that properties home staged achieve greater prices.
I am asked on many occasions is it best to invest in a full styling package and i always reply invest in the biggest package you can afford as it will bring you the greatest return on your investment.
Tips for styling for sale
- Engage an accredited Stylist or Interior Designer they know how to achieve a luxurious look that will fetch you top dollar.
- Mini makeovers such as paint and flooring gives a fresh look when choosing the right colours for the home it will sparkle and add freshness.
- Depersonalize and Declutter placing personal effects, photos, paintings , ornaments into storage allows for a fresh canvas to work with.
- Fresh plants can liven up the space and add natural textures to a room
- proportion and scale is the key to choosing furniture items an expert stylist knows how to work with the space to create flow.
- neutral doesn’t have to be clinical and choosing the right colour palette means balance and harmony within a space.
- Sun drenched, and light filled rooms are most desired by buyers. Invest in good lighting where needed. Open drapes and blinds on open home day. Invest in beautiful lights as they are a feature in any room.
- Fresh Flowers that compliment the colour theme and over-sized bunches look great.
- patio areas look great with wall art and two or three pots of plants in different sizes makes the space interesting.
- Front door is a must for adding street appeal -paint it a colour that compliments the style of the home.
At Interior Design Bowral you can be guaranteed you will get a professional service from a stylist who is qualified to design your home for sale.